While perusing the internets looking for an HR topic to facilitate a feisty and informative discussion I stumbled across some comical information I’d thought I’d share. I’m a fan of #’s 1, 3, 5, and 10. Thanks to the Punk Rock HR blog for sharing these words of wisdom:
1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this — ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What’d you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call…
18. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day “Dad/Mom what would happen if you ran over a ninja?” How the do I respond to that?
19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than Kay
Happy Tuesday everyone! Cheers to a 4-day week!
:: UPDATE ::
Apparently there’s this amazing site called Ruminations.com that keeps track of a lot of these things. Here’s a few more gems I found:
- I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
- Is it just me, or are 80% of the people in the “people you may know” feature on Facebook people that I do know, but i deliberately choose not to be friends with?
- I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
- Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.
- The word OK looks like a sideways person.
- Lol has gone from meaning, “laugh out loud” to “i have nothing else to say”.
- I like all of the music in my itunes, except when it’s on shuffle, then I like about one in every fifteen songs in my itunes.