On this day 20-some-odd years ago, one of my most favorite people in the world was born! Since the theme of his birthday this year (for me) is “interactive” I thought it’d be cool to make a semi-interactive birthday card. Meaning… I’ll make the card, and you guys can leave comments as ‘signatures.’ Sound good?? Ok, let’s get started (and please excuse the shitty font):
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REESE!!!
In honor of your special day, I am listing 26 reasons why you deserve to have a fabulous birthday.
- You’re my best friend. And best friends should have great birthdays.
- You walk Lucy late at night when I’m to scared to go outside alone.
- You try all of my treats even though you’re not the biggest fan of sweets. (Hah! That rhymed!)
- You make really cool robot music!!
- You wrote the lyrics to “Looking Back,” and you actually meant them.
- You randomly buy me flowers, and they’re always the prettiest flowers!
- You always make sure that I get home safe.
- You cook dinner for me… on occasion.
- You have a knack for discovering the most amazing foods. (Hello, Mountain Man hot dog!)
- You have an iron-stomach & can eat nearly everything… except for 12 Hellfire Hot Wings from SmokeEaters. 🙂
- You downloaded Ke$ha’s album before I even asked for it.
- You enjoy, or at least pretend to enjoy, all my cooking & Project Runway-esque shows.
- I came home from Grandpa’s memorial service to a clean house & a big hug.
- You find the humor in every part of the day.
- You constantly show, and remind, me that patience is a virtue.
- You take time to enjoy life, and find the fun in every situation.
- You are the best appliance-hurdler ever.
- You are the greatest friend to so many people (not just me), and I see, daily, how good of a friend you are!
- You are the biggest supporter & encourager of anyone I’ve ever known.
- You call people out when they’re out of line, and you accept the same criticism when you do the same.
- You go above & beyond the call of duty every single day to make sure that I am happy & taken care of.
- You introduced me to the goodness that is ice-cold sparkling water.
- You give me all of your olives.
- You go along with all my Secret Squirrel missions and wildly outrageous ideas. (Ahem, pre-gaming before bottomless Mimosa brunch…)
- You are the best cuddler. (Sorry, Lucy!)
- You were too hungover to really enjoy last year’s birthday. 🙂